CHECK-IN Check-in time is 3:00 pm. till 6 pm. After 6 pm – We have Easy Self Check-In; we will provide you with directions. (if you have trouble, don’t worry, Help is always just a phone call away, there is (Live in Innkeeper). Early Check-in can be accommodated if available at no fee. Please email us to let us know if you need Early Check-in.
CHECK-OUT Check-out time is 11:00 am. We will be happy to store your luggage until your departure time. Late Check-Outs can be accommodated if available for a small fee.
RATES All rates are for double occupancy and do not include tax (15.75% plus $.50 per night).
PAYMENT/CANCELATION Our cancellation policy for one (1), two (2) rooms is fourteen (14) days prior to your arrival day. If you cancel your reservation 14 days prior to scheduled arrival, no charges will be made. If the reservation is canceled less than 14 prior to scheduled arrival or do not arrive, a charge equal to the first night’s room and tax charges will be applied to your credit card. A first-night deposit will be collected 14 days before your arrival day.
SPECIAL EVENTS PAYMENT The first night’s room and tax are charged at the time of booking. Balance is Charged 60 days before your arrival, at which time Your reservation is NON-REFUNDABLE
- Special Events Dates Special events include New Year, Mardi Gras, French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest, 4th of July, Southern Decadence, sporting events, play-offs, and anytime you book three or more rooms. See Events Calendar
WHOLE HOUSE RENTAL PAYMENT (22 persons Max) The guest will make a NON-REFUNDABLE $1000.00 deposit at the moment of processing the reservation. 60 days before arrival the balance will be collected, and the booking will become NON-REFUNDABLE
PAYMENT METHODS ACCEPTED Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Canal Street Inn, Bed and Breakfast, and Select Registry Gift Cards.
PARKING A small parking lot behind the Inn is free and “first come first serve,” as there are limited spaces available. There are also open parking spots on the streets surrounding Canal Street Inn.
SMOKING The house is smoke-free. We follow New Orleans Smoke-Free Ordinance. Ashtrays provided in the designated areas.
ADA PROPERTY FEATURES
- Parking: The Canal Street Inn offers one van parking space, with an adjacent aisle for loading and unloading. This area provides a level surface, though it does not contain a curb or curb ramps for wheelchairs, walkers, etc. This parking space is located closest to the back entrance of the Inn. We are unable to provide 5 ft x 9.5 ft covered passenger pickup/drop-off areas.
- Exterior Routes: There is an entry on the first floor where our handicap room is located. Our wheelchair accessible guest room may be accessed from the parking area.
- Entrance: At least one door allows a minimum of 32″ clear passage for wheelchairs, walkers, etc. This entrance door is not fully automatic, nor does it provide outdoor key card readers. Our registration area does not allow for a lowered counter of 36″ or less.
- Interior Routes: Hallways and corridors are free of steps or abrupt vertical level changes over ¼ inch. Interior stairs are built such blind persons or persons with low vision cannot hit their heads on the underside of the stairs. Doorways entering accessible spaces allow a minimum of 32″ clear passage and contain hardware that is usable with one hand without tight grasping, pinching, or twisting of the wrist. We are unable to provide an elevator at the Inn. Thus no elevator braille signage, audible tones, emergency elevator communication equipment or easily open elevator doors or access ramps to the elevator are available. There are no interior ramps nor corridors with door swings of a minimum of 54″ of clear floor space.
- ADA Signage: There is no ADA signage available at the Inn for the guest rooms, food / vending areas, meeting rooms, public restrooms, gift shops, mechanical and electrical rooms or stairways, exits, etc.
- Food Service Areas: Our food service area is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us or call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility, including issues accessing the website or with questions regarding the accessibility and personal needs.
- Public Restrooms: We do not have an accessible public restroom. However, our accessible Magnolia Guest Room does have an attached accessible bathroom with a shower
CHILDREN Children over 8 years old are welcome, but please check with management when making reservations. Kids of all ages are welcome if you are renting the whole house.
PETS, Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets. Service dogs are permitted. Service dogs are trained to do work or perform tasks for guests with physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other disability. A service dog may not be left on the premises alone. (ADA)