May 27, 2020 (Updated)
We have been facing an unprecedented time and have all been affected in many ways. Here in New Orleans we have seen both the fear and sadness, but have also witnessed such incredible moments as people have stepped up to serve, give, sacrifice, and unite during this time. We are proud to be standing by our fellow NOLA community.
The Canal Street Inn is following the guidance of the U.S Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local authorities.
This is an update of what we’re doing for our Guests and staff at The Canal Street Inn, in the wake of Covid-19.
- The Staff has been educated on Covid-19 prevention measures and proper hand cleaning practices and will wear, PPE according to state or local regulations and trained on proper use and disposal of said PPE.
- We have implemented contactless Check In and Check Out.
- All Guest keys will be sanitized and sealed upon Check-In and Check Out.
- Sanitizer Stations at all guest entrances, as well as a sanitizer in your room, for use during your stay.
- Guests are required to wear masks on the property during your stay. (Please, note in the City of New Orleans it is Mandatory to wear masks in public)
- Your room will be cleaned, sanitized, and sealed for your arrival. (Once your room is sealed no one will enter but you. If you should need anything additional for your stay please ask at breakfast and we will do our best to accommodate you.)
- Delivery services are allowed, provided via contactless pickup/delivery protocols. All items are either disposable or sanitized after use.
- Outside food delivery personnel is restricted to the lobby/entrance area.
- Our Dining room tables are spaced to allow for social distancing guidelines.
- Common seating areas are arranged to accommodate safe distancing between guests of different parties, and guest numbers in common areas are limited to allow for social distance measures.
- Snacks are individually wrapped, served in a fashion that prevents unnecessary touching.
- The property website communicates increased cleanliness.
- Along with our strict cleaning regimen, we have increased Cleaning & Sanitizing, high traffic areas, with the use of cleaning agents that are in accordance with the CDC & EPA.
While we love to give handshakes and sometimes hugs, unfortunately, those will have to wait for now.
Please if you are sick stay home and stay safe. We remain immensely thankful for your support during this trying time.