With so many things to do in the beautiful Crescent City, it is almost impossible to be bored! No matter your budget, interests or length of stay, a stay at our hotel in the heart of New Orleans will bring memories to last a lifetime. While the city is working its way back to 100% after the Coronavirus pandemic, we are open and ready to welcome old and new friends for a NOLA summer getaway. To help your planning and stir up excitement before your stay, we’ve rounded up a list of 15 summer fun ideas the whole family will enjoy!
- Enjoy a relaxing stroll around the Sculpture Garden at City Park.
- Take a Swamp Tour and see if you can spot an alligator.
- Take a step back in time with a visit to Whitney Plantation.
- Cool off from the summer heat with a classic NOLA treat: a Snoball from Hansen’s.
- You can find tours galore around New Orleans. Try the classic French Quarter Tour.
- Play a round of miniature golf at City Putt.
- Check out the sights and sounds around the city with a ride on the Street Car. You can hop on and off at your leisure to visit your favorite shops or restaurants.
- NOLA has an incredible brewery scene – enjoy a beer on tap at one of these hot spots: Urban South, Port Orleans, Second Line Brewing, or NOLA Brewing.
- Looking for a water adventure? Rent a kayak with Bayou Paddle Sports.
- Take a relaxing float down the Bogue Chitto River! The Bogue Chitto Tubing Center, offers your choice of tube, canoe, or kayak.
- Visit with the wildlife at the Audubon Zoo. (Note: all admission must be reserved in advance.)
- Need some creative ideas for your home gardens? Explore over 10 acres of stunning gardens at The New Orleans Botanical Gardens.
- Grab your date and take him or her for a wine tasting at Pontchartrain Vineyards.
- Pick your favorite milkshake flavor from Shake Therapy.
- See the city from a blue bike! A great way to explore the hidden corners around New Orleans.
We look forward to hosting you for your next summer vacation. With quarantine and staying at home for weeks on end, we are all ready to get out and have some fun! There is no better place to stay than the Canal Street Inn, in the heart of New Orleans. Book online today and contact us anytime for further information.
Don’t forget! The Canal Street Inn is now offering a Summer Special to sweeten your stay! Book 2 days on any days of the week for $310. Any room or suite is included and this special is open until September 1, 2020.