Mark your calendars friends because spring is almost here! While it’s one of the busiest times of the year, it’s also one of our favorites. The Crescent City is bursting at the seams and alive with festivals, celebrations, beautiful people and so much more. Springtime weather is comfortably warm and the natural landscape starts blooming everywhere. Start your day with a gourmet 3-course breakfast in our dining room and then check out these 5 ways you can enjoy a gorgeous spring day in NOLA.
- Shop and walk: Start out by grabbing a delicious iced coffee at Café Luna and then spend the day at your leisure, exploring the many art galleries, shops and antiques that can be found nearby. Royal Street is a popular spot in the French Quarter. It dates back to the early 18th century as one of the original streets of the city and is known for its art galleries and antique shops. Magazine Street is another very popular area to window shop on a beautiful day. It is a 6-mile stretch between Canal Street and Audubon Park that boasts many fun shops, bars, restaurants and historic homes.
- Try a tour: When it comes to ways to tour the city, the options are almost endless. Whether your interest is shopping, history, haunted spots, swamps, or food there is something for everything. Go back in time on a plantation tour, see regional wildlife on a swamp tour, see neighborhoods come to life on a French Quarter tour, or eat fabulous food on a culinary tour.
- Relax with a picnic in a park: There are numerous parks near the inn for our guests to enjoy. Bring a blanket, fill a basket with your favorite NOLA goodies (don’t forget a po’ boy or beignets!) and just relax with your loved one or friends. Sit among the moss-draped oaks at City Park, birdwatch at the well-loved Audubon Park, or feel the peace from the Mississippi River at Crescent Park.
- Join in festival fun: A spring getaway to New Orleans is going to bring the opportunity to join in one of many popular festivals. The New Orleans Wine and Food Experience is March 18-22, 2020. The French Quarter Festival is April 4-19, 2020 and the ultimate celebration of the music and culture of New Orleans, Jazz Fest, will be taking place April 23 – May 3, 2020. These are just a few—come and see these amazing events and others for yourself!
- Craft beer and crawfish: Did we get your attention with those two words? Springtime means crawfish season! There are many great spots to get some amazing crawfish dishes. Try GW Fins, Cajun Seafood, Galley Seafood, or Deanie’s Seafood. April 7th is also National Beer Day, giving you the perfect reason to check out the local craft brewery scene and outdoor bars that NOLA offers. Some favorites include NOLA Brewing, Urban South, Royal Brewery, and Courtyard Brewery.
Booking online through our website guarantees best rates and service! Reserve your preferred room at our inn today and contact us anytime if we can help you plan your next adventure to the amazing city of New Orleans.