While there is really never a bad time to visit the amazing city of New Orleans, October is one of the most beautiful months of the year to visit! The weather is warm and sunny, the summer crowds have dwindled and the fall festival season is in full swing. We’ve rounded up just five things to take in during a getaway to NOLA – pick your favorite and book your stay at our inn today!
1) See an Official Halloween Parade – The Krewe of Boo Parade will be lighting up the city on October 19th. This is truly NOLA’s official Halloween parade and it will march its way through the French Quarter with float-riders that throw candy, doubloons, toys, and other treats.
2) Find Your Favorite Craft Beer – October 27th happens to be National American Beer Day. New Orleans has been seeing a growing craft beer scene for some time now so this is a perfect opportunity to check out the neighborhood microbreweries. Some of NOLA’s local breweries include NOLA Brewing, Urban South Brewery, Second Line Brewing, and Brieux Carre Brewing
3) See Guns & Roses and Beck at Voodoo Music + Arts Experience – This is a multi-day music and arts festival held in City Park every year. Since its beginnings the festival has seen over one million visitors come for the fun, dance parties and colorful costumes. This year it will be taking place October 25th-27th.
4) Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth – October 28th is National Chocolate Day so why not use it as an excuse to enjoy a few extra tasty indulgences around town? NOLA has several local shops that make their own chocolate. Top of the list to try would be Lolli’s Chocolates on St. Charles Ave or Piety and Desire Chocolate on S. Broad Ave.
5) See the Saints in the Superdome – Come and spend a whole weekend with a New Orleans Saints game as the highlight! The Saints will be playing at home on October 6th against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and then again on October 27th against the Arizona Cardinals.