Have you ever wanted to bring a moderate-sized group to New Orleans, only to balk at the thought of renting a block of rooms in a public hotel? Everyone knows that hotels have very few places for groups to gather and spend time together without the annoyance of the remainder of the guests. Everyone knows that hotel staff are charged with attending to every single guest in that hotel without worrying about one group’s needs. And everyone knows that hotels aren’t the most welcoming of places – especially for groups.
We’d like to offer a wonderful alternative: book the Canal Street Inn near downtown NOLA for your group to use as a private residence!
Canal Street Inn offers quality New Orleans bed and breakfast lodging: more personal than chain hotels, and much more private than chain hotels. If you do the math, our inn can potentially hold a total of 27 guests. With 10 guestrooms, ample indoor gathering space, casual outdoor gathering space, off-street parking, streetcar access just outside, and innkeepers who are only concerned with your group’s needs, we are an ideal lodging option for groups traveling to the area, and even those from nearby who want to spend some time downtown. You don’t even need to leave the neighborhood during your entire stay unless you choose to spend a day downtown before returning to your quiet B&B retreat!
Who might want to rent our inn?
- Small families for a New Orleans reunion;
- Groups of old friends looking for a place to converge;
- Bachelor/bachelorette groups (there are 10 bars within 1/2 mile of our front door!);
- Business groups looking to travel to a local site;
- Business groups looking to host an offsite event;
- Nonprofit groups who want to plan their next year’s activities or big events;
- Crafting groups: our inn’s atmosphere is perfect for creativity;
- Health retreats: hold tai-chi on our lawn in the mornings, meditate in our parlors mid-day, and read auras on our back porch and in our gardens in the evening;
- Small theme events: home-spa weekends with an activity in each room (make-up, cleansing, manicure, etc.), murder-mysteries, wine-tasting groups, city scavenger hunts, geocaching/letterboxing groups, Pokemon-hunting getaways… and so many more possibilities!
As a quick overview, here are our 10 room lodging options:
|Royal Street Room||Standard||2|
|Prytania Master||1- or 2-Bedrom Suite||5|
|Audubon Suite||1-Bedroom Suite||3|
|Orleans Suite||1-Bedroom Petit Suite||3|
|Canal Street Suite||1-Bedroom Suite||3|
|Magnolia Room||Standard (wheelchair-accessible)||2|
So gather the group, plan the trip (whether into town or from afar), and book the Canal Street Inn: whether you come during the week or over a weekend, we can’t wait to see you!